Hopkins offers need-based scholarships to undergraduate international students. Approximately 10% of the incoming international freshmen received need-based scholarships. The average scholarship is $25,000, but individual amounts can be more or less, depending on the financial need of the student.

Students who are not U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or other eligible non-citizens (status of refugee, asylum, humanitarian parole, Cuban-Haitian Entrant) are considered international students and are not eligible for federal financial assistance, but may apply for Hopkins funding. Students who hold F1, F2, J1, J2, or G series visas are not eligible for federal financial assistance, but may apply for Hopkins funding. If you think that your family will need financial aid, be sure to indicate this on the admissions application and send in the CSS Profile.

Hopkins is need-aware for international students, meaning that financial circumstances are considered in the admissions process. Hopkins meets 100% of calculated need for all students, including international students. If you are an international student and you think that your family will need financial aid, be sure to indicate this on the admissions application and send in the The CSS Profile and signed copies of parent and student most current income statements, converted into U.S. dollars to the College Board’s IDOC Service. This may be a tax return or some other form of verification of annual income, benefit statements from your government or parents’ employers, if applicable. Hopkins is need aware for international students, meaning that if we admit you knowing that you need financial aid, we will meet 100% of your calculated need.

NOTE: International students who are applying for financial aid must also submit the International Student Certification of Finances Form including the Bank Verification with their application. International students must print out, complete, and submit this form via email to intlhelp@jhu.edu or mail to the following address:

Application Coordinator
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N. Charles St. / Mason Hall
Baltimore, MD 21218

International students who are not applying for financial aid do not need to submit the COF and Bank Statement unless they are admitted to the university. If admitted to the university, these students must promptly submit the Certification of Finances Form and Bank Statement. These students will not be able to enroll in the university without the submission and acceptance of these supplemental materials.

International students who are not offered scholarship assistance for their first year at Hopkins will not be eligible for scholarship assistance for any other academic period while they are undergraduates. Scholarship assistance is not available for international students transferring from another university.

All financial aid documents must be filed by November 15 for Freshman Early Decision applicants, and by January 15 for Regular Decision applicants.

Private loans are available for international undergraduate students. Most of the lenders require a co-signer who is a U.S. citizen. Refer to the Other Payment Options section of this website for more information on private loans.


Davis United World College (UWC) Scholars Program

Johns Hopkins University is a proud partner institution of the Davis United World College (UWC) Scholars Program, the largest, privately funded, international scholarship program in the world. The Davis UWC Scholars Program, its scholars, and partner institutions are committed to building cross-cultural dialogue and understanding across campuses and around the globe.

Graduates from any UWC school who choose to matriculate at Johns Hopkins University will be designated Davis UWC Scholars and become part of our active cluster of UWC alumni. Those Davis UWC Scholars who apply and qualify for need-based financial aid through our Office of Student Financial Services are also eligible for financial support from the Davis UWC Scholars Program for their undergraduate educations.